When planning your destination wedding, the #1 concern with trusting your special day to a wedding planner in Guatemala (who is typically sight unseen) is whether they will accept your payment and not fulfill their contractual or agreed to services. For a destination bride from Canada or the US, trying to enforce a contract between those countries and Guatemala is completely not worth your time – it’s best to reduce the risk and go with someone who is tried and tested, who speaks your language, understands the basics of customer service and the need for timely responses.
Diane got into the wedding planning business because of her own terrible experience with her wedding planner. She vowed that she would never want a bride to go through the same experience that she had for her wedding.
The Wedding Chica Code of Ethics:
- We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors. Vendors must know that the clients are the recipients of any discounts given.
- We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our clients.
- We uphold our ethics. We will not take or attempt to take clients from, or discredit, other vendors with gossip or slander. All our disclosures will always be fact based.
- Every client will receive a detailed contract for Wedding Day Direction, Destination or Full Wedding Coordination services.
- We will provide all services agreed upon in the contract that must be signed by both the client and Coordinator at the commencement of service.
- We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the Wedding Industry.
- Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
- We will make every effort to return calls and emails in a timely manner. (Within 48 hrs.)
- We always endeavour to benefit our client and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit, in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
- We can not guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.